With the hiring of better quality players further honours soon arrived, firstly in the shape of the League championship in 1979-80 when they finished a single point in front of Caernarfon Town and it was also at the end of this season they won the highest trophy in the history of the club when they defeated Brymbo Steelworks in the Welsh Intermediate Cup final by 1-0 in a replay after a 3-3 draw. Success in the Alves Cup returned with a 1-0 home win against Colwyn Bay in the final.

Becoming the holders of the Barritt Cup for the first and only time with a win over Porthmadog was the highpoint of the 1980-81 season, but they failed at the last hurdle in the Cookson Cup at Llanrwst, this time Colwyn Bay gained a 3-1 revenge.
The following season, 1981-82, saw them finish second in the League by one point from Courtaulds Greenfield and by a lone goal lost the Welsh Intermadiate Cup final against Conwy United at Aberystwyth.
Two finals in 1985-86 – both at Bangor – saw them lose 0-3 to Bethesda Athletic in the Cookson Cup but a thrilling Alves Cup end-game saw them win a penalty shoot-out 4-3 against CPD Y Felinheli after the match remained scoreless after extra time.
Finally, financial pressure and lack of interest in running the club by all except a few forced the club to exist in name only during 1986-87 by which time Blaenau Amateurs FC was well established and running two teams.
At the end of that season - its centenary - the club was formally disbanded.

During its one hundred—year life span, Blaenau Ffestiniog FC had seen many a change in fortune and played in almost every part of Blaenau. The club played a major part in the history of football in North Wales over its century of existence but its almost persistent habit of ignoring all but the exceptional in local talent often brought severe criticism and eventually played a large part in its demise. Many of the town’s best were forced to rival clubs for a place, and a few were put off all together by the thought of such a move.
The past had seen many locals attaining success in the English League.

Dr.R H Mills-Roberts played in the 1887-88 and 1888-89 FA Cup Finals for Preston North End, being successful in the second when they beat Wolves 3—0 at Kennington Oval.
Gwilym Roberts played for West Bromwich Albion and Bolton Wanderers.
Bob Davies played for Nottingham Forest.
Orthin Roberts also turned out on 22 occasions for the same club.
In his book “STINIOG”, Ernest Jones lists others with English League experience:

William Jones (Grimsby Town)
David Jones (Stoke City)
Gwynfor Hughes (Northampton Town)
O Billie Parry (Gillingham and Tottenham Hotspur)
Richard Arfon Griffiths ([uteri Town)
David Felgate(Lincoln City)