In 1931 they re-joined the North Wales Football combination and remained there until it was disbanded to enable the formation of the Welsh League Division 1 (North) in 1935 – another attempt at nationwide reorganization. For the 1931-32 season they also fielded a reserve side in the Vale of Conwy League.
In fact when the two English-based sides in the Combination – Ellesmere Port Town and New Brighton – left the competition in 1933 the league resurrected the old title of North Wales Coast League for the last two seasons.
During this period the club entered a side in the Cambrian Coast League as well as the North Wales Coast League and its new successor. Blaenau Ffestiniog FC took over the fixtures of Tanygrisiau FC in the Cambrian Coast League during the 1933-34 and continued their presence until the end of the 1937-38 season. The same team was fielded in both sets of fixtures and at the end of the seasons it became ridiculously hectic with the team sometimes playing two matches on the same day. Worse, two away matches on the same day meant no time to bathe and change so they started the second match in the same muddy condition as the finished the earlier one!
It would seem that in the post-war era this practice was only attempted once – in the 1948-49 season.

The Cambrian Coast League was disbanded in 1963 but the clubs at Llan and Tanygrisiau had both well faded away by then. In its heyday the League had seen many then- famous member clubs: Blaenau Ffestiniog, Porthmadog, Bala Town, Dolgellau, Machynlleth, Tywyn, Aberystwyth Town, Aberdyfi and the famous army side 55th R.A.Tonfannau who, like most of these clubs, went on to a higher grade.
The formation of the Welsh League Div.1 (North) as the senior competition in North Wales set up the region’s longest running, and more importantly stable League. BFfFC in fact played a major role in its success. During the seasons leading up to the Second World War, the club began to bag some silverware. They took the 1935 Cookson Cup beating Llandudno FC 2-1 at Llanrwst and beat the same opponents, who had already taken the League championship, 2-0 in the 1938-39 final at Llandudno.
They also reached their two most major finals so far during this decade, with appearances in the North Wales Amateur Cup finals of 1937 and 1939. Unfortunately they lost to Buckley Town on both occasions – 1-4 at Rhyl in ’37 and 1-2 at Llandudno in ’39.